Welp, I'm homeward bound for Christmas in less than 36 hours (assuming Heathrow decides to open again after being completely closed for 2 days from snow). Over the past 4 months, the list of "reasons why America is amazing" has been growing. So in honor of my first trip home since coming here in August, I thought I'd memorialize the top ten things I'm looking forward to experiencing over Christmas break.
10. Chick Fil-A. My dad sent me this a few weeks ago to make me jealous... I have a very unhealthy obsession with this place. The closest locations to our hotel in Florida have been googled and I'll be eating there every day for lunch if I have it my way!
9. Customer service. Although lovely, the visit-tables-twice-max policy adopted by all waiters/waitresses over here will not be missed. I can't wait to have the bill brought to the table without having to spend 20 minutes flagging someone down. Or better yet, to have someone ask me how the food is?!
8. McDonald's iced coffee. No further explanation needed.
7. Being able to text my friends...
6. Wearing tank tops and rainbows again... dressing like this every day is getting ooooooooooooold! It's so hard to be cute when all anyone sees is your coat and scarf.
5. Driving a car for the first time in 4 months! Public transportation, oh how we hate you!!!
4. Doing laundry. Yep, that's right, I can NOT wait to do laundry... in a proper dryer (that is separate from the washer) that has a lint catcher and takes less than 2 and a half hours to dry one load.
3. Resurrection of my favorite accessories - sunglasses!!!!!!
2. A visit to my hair stylist, who is nice enough to come all the way to Florida to cut my hair. Kates, you're the best. And I apologise upfront for how badly I've let myself go!!
1. Getting to spend 10 days with my favorite people in the world.
And now, a parting picture from today's Christmas concert at Royal Albert Hall. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment