This past weekend, Patricia (friend of mine and Rochelle's from OC) was in Warsaw for work so she invited us to come crash in her hotel for the weekend. We had never been to Poland so thought it would be a fun weekend trip - and it happened to fall on my 29th birthday!
Sights on the way to Old Town - some embassy or something behind us
More views of the city on our walk to Old Town
Posing like an Asian for Patricia, in front of cool architecture :)
There were violinists everywhere!
Old Town square!!!! Beautiful.
View of the Euro2012 stadium from the town square!
Cute! We had lunch in the outdoor restaurants you see here... so relaxing!
Ice cream after lunch - the city wall is behind us
We came across a practice session for a fashion show - loved critiquing all the models walking down the runway.
We stopped by the fanzone - there wasn't a game going on when we were there so it was kind of dead, but still fun to have been there!
We were exhausted so came back to rest before dinner. I looked over and saw this after 2 minutes...
Birthday dinner at an authentic Polish restaurant - Dyspensa. It was DELISH! I had weiner schnitzel... yummm.
More ice cream after dinner. My third of the day - hence my hand and face :/
Day 2 we hit up a Polish museum. It was all about Polish history and totally boring - I just don't think the word Poland was uttered during my entire education so I had no appreciation for what I was looking at! We stayed 10 minutes. Literally.
Chels and I in front of an exhibit - no idea what it was for (and yes I realise how ignorant I sound).
We hit up a park after the museum. Yes, more ice cream!
Chels and I mauling the statue (we wanted to sit in his lap!)
Yay! Found Ronald Reagan on the walk back to the hotel.
Relaxing, catching up on OC gossip, and people watching at a Starbucks along the main road
We arrived early Saturday morning - starting the trip off right with our 2nd Starbucks
Walking down the main drag toward Old Town - notice the soccer balls hanging in the background! Euro2012 is currently being hosted in Warsaw so everything was decked out!Sights on the way to Old Town - some embassy or something behind us
More views of the city on our walk to Old Town
There were violinists everywhere!
Old Town square!!!! Beautiful.
View of the Euro2012 stadium from the town square!
Cute! We had lunch in the outdoor restaurants you see here... so relaxing!
We came across a practice session for a fashion show - loved critiquing all the models walking down the runway.
We stopped by the fanzone - there wasn't a game going on when we were there so it was kind of dead, but still fun to have been there!
We were exhausted so came back to rest before dinner. I looked over and saw this after 2 minutes...
Birthday dinner at an authentic Polish restaurant - Dyspensa. It was DELISH! I had weiner schnitzel... yummm.
More ice cream after dinner. My third of the day - hence my hand and face :/
Day 2 we hit up a Polish museum. It was all about Polish history and totally boring - I just don't think the word Poland was uttered during my entire education so I had no appreciation for what I was looking at! We stayed 10 minutes. Literally.
Chels and I in front of an exhibit - no idea what it was for (and yes I realise how ignorant I sound).
We hit up a park after the museum. Yes, more ice cream!
Chels and I mauling the statue (we wanted to sit in his lap!)
Yay! Found Ronald Reagan on the walk back to the hotel.
Relaxing, catching up on OC gossip, and people watching at a Starbucks along the main road
Last scenic shot!
Even though there wasn't much to do or see, we had an absolutely lovely weekend aimlessly roaming the surprisingly beautiful city in absolutely perfect weather! So great to catch up with Patricia AND see a new part of the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment