Random pictures from the past few weeks:
Had to take an entire day off of work to renew my visa. Dealing with the UK Border Agency is complete and utter misery... think TSA, then multiply that hatred times 1 million, and you haven't begun to scratch the surface of how I feel toward UBA. Thankfully, all the paperwork worked out and I'm officially legal here for 1 more year!
2 weeks ago we all got together for Megan's going away party (yes, it's true, all my friends are leaving London :(....!) Pizza East in Shoreditch. Delish!
Loving our food & just the whole night in general!
My new flat is like 5 minutes from this beautiful cemetery. This is my Saturday morning reading bench. It's so tranquil and peaceful and perfect.
That bench is also where I finished my 3.5 month trek through the longest book I've ever read! 1,082 pages of the coolest revenge story that ever was. I highly recommend it, but only if you have a kindle. Carting this 8 lb book around for 3.5 months has given me back problems!
A few weekends ago, the final weekend of the Paralympic games, some friends from work and I went to the Olympic park! It was seriously the coolest day. We didn't have any tickets to any events (just grounds passes), but it didn't matter!
It was a gorgeous day, so we just sat in the park in the grounds and watched the big screen.
This was just before we left for the night.... all lit up!
Last weekend/week I was in Dublin for our annual US expat technical excellence training. I'm embarrassed to say I only have 1 picture. This was taken from the top of the Guinness Factory - panoramic view of Dublin!
Rush hour at my new tube stop.
The partners in our group took everyone who got promoted to senior manager/director out to a celebration dinner... we went big (Hix steak house). Such a fun night!
Yesterday was one of the last nice days I think we'll have until winter hits... so I went on a walk and ended up at Buckingham palace. Flag flying high - she's home!
Views from St James's Park.
Beautiful!
Had to take an entire day off of work to renew my visa. Dealing with the UK Border Agency is complete and utter misery... think TSA, then multiply that hatred times 1 million, and you haven't begun to scratch the surface of how I feel toward UBA. Thankfully, all the paperwork worked out and I'm officially legal here for 1 more year!
2 weeks ago we all got together for Megan's going away party (yes, it's true, all my friends are leaving London :(....!) Pizza East in Shoreditch. Delish!
Loving our food & just the whole night in general!
My new flat is like 5 minutes from this beautiful cemetery. This is my Saturday morning reading bench. It's so tranquil and peaceful and perfect.
That bench is also where I finished my 3.5 month trek through the longest book I've ever read! 1,082 pages of the coolest revenge story that ever was. I highly recommend it, but only if you have a kindle. Carting this 8 lb book around for 3.5 months has given me back problems!
A few weekends ago, the final weekend of the Paralympic games, some friends from work and I went to the Olympic park! It was seriously the coolest day. We didn't have any tickets to any events (just grounds passes), but it didn't matter!
It was a gorgeous day, so we just sat in the park in the grounds and watched the big screen.
Me, Rich and Suz.
This statue/monument thing is really cool.This was just before we left for the night.... all lit up!
Last weekend/week I was in Dublin for our annual US expat technical excellence training. I'm embarrassed to say I only have 1 picture. This was taken from the top of the Guinness Factory - panoramic view of Dublin!
Rush hour at my new tube stop.
The partners in our group took everyone who got promoted to senior manager/director out to a celebration dinner... we went big (Hix steak house). Such a fun night!
Yesterday was one of the last nice days I think we'll have until winter hits... so I went on a walk and ended up at Buckingham palace. Flag flying high - she's home!
Views from St James's Park.
Beautiful!
Is your new tube stop Earl's Court??
ReplyDeleteYep!!
ReplyDelete