After 3 incredible years in London, it's time to say goodbye. This experience has been the hardest, most challenging thing I've ever done, but also THE most rewarding. I could never have imagined everything I would experience, how much I would learn, the places I would travel, and the people I would meet.
I am not going to even try to describe everything I will miss because I could never capture it all. There are obviously big things, like the ability to travel (of the 22 countries I visited, my 3 favorite trips were Istanbul, Norway, and Tuscany). And experiencing iconic historic events in person (royal wedding, Queen's jubilee, Olympics, Margaret Thatcher's funeral, royal baby)!
There are also millions of little everyday things. Like, coming out of the tube each morning and seeing Big Ben perfectly framed in the center of the London Eye (thanks Blackfriars). Lazy Saturday morning walks through Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park, Green Park, down to the Eye and Big Ben. Lunching on the steps of St Paul's with Liz (every.single.sunny.day). Pub nights with the work crew. Noor Jahan (best Indian restaurant in the world). Working for the 2 people I respect most at the firm. Constantly being surrounded by people whose cultures and backgrounds are drastically different than mine. Surprising myself almost daily at the random British-isms that come out of my mouth!
But what will I miss the most? By far and hands down, these faces!
Deciding whether to move back to the States or stay in London permanently was one of the hardest decisions I have made, but for a lot of reasons (which I won't bore you with here), I've decided to move to Chicago. While it is so hard to say goodbye to my life in London and the lifelong friends I made there, God has given me so much peace about this decision and I couldn't be more excited to see what He has in store in this next chapter!
That brings me to the end of my very last post! I have no clue who out there has followed this blog (other than my family), but I hope you have enjoyed sharing in this experience and seeing all the pictures from the best three years of my life!
THE END!
.jpeg)
i say, keep blogging chicago! :)
ReplyDeleteloved seeing your many adventures! wish you the very best on this new chapter beth!!