Saturday, 21 January 2012

First hospital experience

So, being the idiot I am, after using a can opener to remove a lid 99% of the way, I grabbed it by the edges to twist off the last 1% and completely sliced my fingers. I won't go into the details, but no one should see the part of their fingers that I saw. I started freaking out, grabbed paper towels to soak up the blood that was gushing everywhere and IM'd Chels at work asking her to google the nearest hospital. I was shaking so badly I couldn't type, so she thought I was like dying so she and AK called me a cab and told me they would meet me at the ER... here is what we managed to document.

This is when they found me at the ER... I was a bawling mess.
Waiting for the doctor so I could get my stitches...
The finger that got it the worst... you can't even see the edges of the cut!
I have such amazing friends... it's the height of busy season (we're all working til between 2-4am each night) and they dropped everything to come to be with me at the hospital! This is how we felt about waiting 4 hours and passing the time eating a dinner of cheese and crackers (and pasta with no spoon/fork) - all that the Tesco Express across the street could offer in the middle of the night. LOL maybe one of my favorite pictures of all time.
I ended up with 8 stitches in one finger... but all is ok thankfully! Though it WAS weird walking out of the hospital and not having to pay one cent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment